Platinum cure silicone P-series
Platinum cure silicone rubbers P- series are platinum-cured (also known as addition-cure), room temperature-curing silicones that cure to flexible, high-strength rubbers. Platinum cured molds offer excellent release properties and release agent is not necessary when casting most materials.
Compared to tin-cured silicone rubbers, platinum cured silicones exhibit long library life and non-shrinkage on cure.
- Excellent Tear and Tensile strength, durable using life
- 100% No shrink on cure, No deformation
- High heat and chemical resistance, long service life
- High flowability, bubbles easy release
- High elasticity, for easy removal of, complex replica parts
- Compliance with FDA Certificate, Odorless, Non-toxic, food-grade, skin safe
- Applicable to food product applications
Typical Uses & Casting Materials
Platinum cured silicone is designed for molding a variety of industrial and art-related applications including, Making molds to reproduce prototypes, furniture, sculpture, concrete, plaster, gypsum, fiberglass, wax/candle crafts, toys, soap, artificial stones, cement decoration, GRC, GRG and also food product items.
Especially for high precision products and request a no-shrink on cured mold.
- Stir Part A and Part B well before use.
- Weigh 1 Part A to 1 Part B using an accurate scale and a clean mixing container.
- Vigorously mix and scrape walls of the container, continue mixing until uniform.
- Place the mixture in a vacuum chamber & degass. If without a chamber, Pour the mixture 2-3 inches above the pattern in a thin stream.
- Allow the silicone to cure 2-4 hours and demold with care.
- Before use, read operation manual please.
- Before large production, a small-scale test is recommended.
- Mixing ratio must be accurate, mixing ratio is A:B=1:1 (by weight)
- Use a vacuum to de-gas this product before use under pressure. Vacuum silicone for 2-3 minutes (29 inches of mercury). Leave enough room in the container for silicone to expand.
- This product has limited shelf life. Use as soon as possible after opening.
- Always tightly reseal containers after use. Air, moisture or other contamination causes a reduction in reactivity over time.
Especially Caution for platinum cure silicone
Platinum cure silicone rubber may be inhibited by certain contaminants resulting in tackiness on the surface of the mold. Latex, sulfur-based clays, tin cured silicone rubber, amines, nitriles, organo-metallic salt-containing compounds should be avoided. If you are unsure of the compatibility of the substrate being molded a small test is recommended. To prevent inhibition it is usually helpful to coat the pattern with clear acrylic lacquer or paint. Do not use polyurethane or latex.
Storage & shelf-life
16+ months in unopened containers when properly stored.
Super-Silicon cannot guarantee the shelf life of opened or repackaged units.
Recommended storage temperature range: 10°C – 25°C. SuperSilicon™ should be stored in closed containers out of direct sunlight and away from direct sources of heat. Always tightly reseal containers after use. Air, moisture or other contamination causes a reduction in reactivity over time.